We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: September 7, 2016
It’s Not JUST a Cleaning
We hear it all of the time: “It’s just a cleaning…it’s not that important”. Well, that’s where most patients are wrong. Your overall health IS that important to us, and should be just as important to you.
Did you know that your oral health can offer clues about your overall health — or that problems in your mouth can affect the rest of your body? Your oral health might affect, be affected by, or contribute to various diseases and conditions, including:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Pregnancy and birth.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
At Ballston Dental Arts, your Dentist and Hygienist perform more than “just a cleaning” at every visit:
- Examines the health and function of the jaw joint
- Assesses the soft tissues around your mouth Looks for early signs of oral cancer
- Documents the position of the teeth and bite Assesses the fit and condition of oral appliances (implants, dentures, partials, retainers)
- Looks for the presence and stage of gum disease Assesses the condition of existing fillings, crowns and bridges
- Valuates for new decay (cavities)
- Reviews radiographs (x-rays)
- Provides a plan for optimal long-term dental health
- Reviews your medical history and medications
- Removes the soft and hard deposits from above and below the gum line
- Measures the depths of the pockets around your teeth
- Polishes the teeth
- Flosses around each tooth
- Provides a fluoride treatment Irrigates the mouth
- Provides oral hygiene instruction and nutrition counseling
- Takes radiographs (x-rays)
- Takes intra-oral photos
We want you to take your health as seriously as we do. Make sure to schedule your dental examinations and cleanings (twice per year) along with your annual physicals. If you have questions about your oral health, call to schedule a visit with Dr. Kim at (703) 291-3111. We look forward to seeing you soon.