Dental technology is always evolving. Dr. Duke Kim feels it is important to continue to evaluate and bring new technologies into the practice as they become available.
As a simple and convenient tool, we offer ICAT™ cone beam imaging in Arlington, Virginia. The ICAT™ cone beam imaging system takes both two and three dimensional scans of the patient’s oral cavity and surrounding areas including the jaw, neck, ears, nose, and throat. This allows our patients to receive a more precise and comfortable diagnosis from Dr. Duke Kim.
At Ballston Dental Arts, we utilize this imaging for all of our treatments including preventive care, TMJ treatment, dental implant planning and bone grafting as well as other procedures.
Why Use Cone Beam Imaging?
Dr. Duke Kim may use the ICAT™ cone beam imaging to:
• Plan dental implant placement
• Evaluate the jaws and face
• View the head and neck as a comprehensive whole
• Diagnose tooth decay (cavities) and other dental problems
• Detect endodontic problems and plan root canal therapy
• Analyze dental and facial trauma
• Plan and evaluate the progress of orthodontic treatment
• Visualize abnormal teeth
• Assess a TMJ disorder
The ICAT™ cone beam imaging is another great tool Dr. Duke Kim uses to enhance your overall dental experience. To learn more about the ICAT™ cone beam imaging in Arlington, Virginia, we invite you to contact us today at 703-664-1969. Our team of dental professionals will answer any questions you have and schedule an appointment with Dr. Duke Kim to learn more about the ICAT™ cone beam imaging.