The goal of preventive care is to protect your smile from damage caused by tooth decay, periodontal disease (gum disease), and other damaging dental conditions. Preventive dentistry works to prevent these diseases before they cause damage that requires repair. Dr. Duke Kim is committed to helping patients maintain optimal overall health by providing a number of preventive dental treatments to patients in Arlington, Virginia.
Preventive Dental Cleanings
At Ballston Dental Arts, we have two highly skilled dental hygienists on staff for routine and periodontal care. Our hygienists specialize in keeping your teeth and gums healthy, comfortable and looking their best.
We reserve one hour for every cleaning. This allows adequate time for your preventative care that will include:
• Examination of teeth, screening for tooth decay and fractures
• Charting of teeth and existing restorations
• Periodontal screening for signs of gum disease
• Oral cancer screening
• Digital dental x-rays as needed
• Examination of TMJ and jaw position
At-Home Preventive Care
There are several steps you can take to prevent cavities and tooth decay. Dr. Duke Kim recommends that you follow these guidelines to help minimize your chances for developing cavities:
• Brush and floss your teeth every day. You should brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste.
• Maintain a balanced, healthy diet with a limited amount of sugary or acidic foods.
• Visit Ballston Dental Arts at least twice a year for a routine cleaning and dental exam.
To learn more about preventative care options in Arlington, Virginia, we invite you to contact us today at 703-664-1969. Our team of dental professionals will answer any questions you have and schedule an appointment with Dr. Duke Kim to maintain your healthy smile.